Can my resume be good enough to be considered for an interview at top tech companies for a software engineer position?

Can my resume be good enough to be considered for an interview at top tech companies for a software engineer position?

I’ll go through all things I would see change:

• You have yet to finish education ? Swap that with experience it’s what everybody expects to see first
  • Poor descriptions
    • implemented ‘back end and front end’ - sounds like other people did the heavy lifting and you didn’t contribute much. Make this WAY more specific
  • Impact
    • What was the impact of your work at Oracle - what was the commercial gain/ saved/ value added as a consequence of your work?
  • Tutor
    • Students gained ‘a better understanding’…what does that even mean?
    • Everything you’ve written so far suffers from poor descriptions
  • Data driven?
    • It isn’t - no figures to account for even simple things - class size/school size/no. of kids you tutored/their results/your impact
  • Education 2
    • Community College results? GPA’s? Overall result as against class mates?
  • Technical experience/Side projects?
    • Makes it sound unimportant ‘side’ - don’t want to read it already
    • What a mass of prose - I didn’t read it. Make more succint
  • Long list of scholarships and awards
    • Make it easier for me - tell me HOW HARD it is to win a scholarship? ‘1 of 500 students to win X scholarship’ has WAY more impact than what’s there currently
  • Languages
    • Yup just another list - no way to understand actual competency

Otherwise:

You seem to lack work experience in related fields

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

transcribed from good enough resume to be considered for an interview at top tech companies?