Can you sell something that people don’t need?
Let’s take some real world examples:
Netbooks, notebooks, Macbooks, laptops chromebooks, tablets, phablets, hybrids, surface…
- We could have survived with just one you know…
Fake suntan lotion
- If you live in England just accept it’s not that sunny
Potato Peeler, Carrot Peeler, Vegetable Peeler
- One peeler is fine
Orange and Mango Juice, Lemon and Peachtree Juice, Garlic, Ginger and Tomato Juice, Chilli and Ginger Juice…
- So many OMG and WTF moments in the supermarket
Hi5, Myspace, Bebo, Facebook, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat…
- I wonder when we were happiest
Fake nails, fake hair, fake bums, fake six packs, clothes that provide some illusion…
- This is more my personal gripe - some might say they provide real value
Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail…
- The internet has provided mass choice
Toilet paper, Tissue Paper, Kitchen Towels, Napkins…
- Wouldn’t one for everything be perfect?
transcribed from sell something that people do not need?