Has life ever gotten better for you beyond what you had imagined? I'm spending the holidays alone again and it is hard because every year I hope next year will be different. I’ve no close friends, despite having hobbies and reaching out to people

Has life ever gotten better for you beyond what you had imagined? I’m spending the holidays alone again and it is hard because every year I hope next year will be different. I’ve no close friends, despite having hobbies and reaching out to people.

I’ve spent the last several years on the road. I’ve lived in 8 countries so on the surface of it - it sounds amazing right?

• I had 100+ of therapy over the years
  • Often felt anxious and alone
  • I moved every several months and never developed a close friend that I could share my own ups and downs with
  • I buried myself in sport. Marathons, Ultramarathons, Muay Thai

Then one drizzly day in Earls Court, London - I met the man who would become my best friend:

We spend more time in different countries than we have the same one. It’s not often we see each other - but there we are daily sending one another the most ridiculous messages:

Completely camp. Completely silly.

But it’s what makes us laugh on a daily basis.

I now know what it means to have a best friend.

It stands above and beyond the sporting/business or other achievements I’ve had in my time.

So how does this help you? Keep trying. I found my best buddy when I was 27 years old. So you never know what’s around the corner.

For more of my thoughts on life head over to here

transcribed from life gotten better than what you had imagined