Have you ever gone on a date with just yourself? What did you do, and is it really weird?
Going on a date by yourself is not really a date . It’s just a fancy word for:
- Spending some time alone (and not that long)
- Doing things you love in absence of having someone to do them with
- And it’s convenient
The last 6 cinema trips. 5 of them were alone. I can’t be bothered to ask people to come as everyone is on their own schedules.
- Going to the cinema is watching a movie. It doesn’t qualify as a date
I’ve eaten alone in a restaurant . But I’ve got my Kindle/Laptop/Phone to keep me company
- If you’re using technology whilst at the table then you’re not really alone
I’ve done a couple walks on my own for an hour or so. Then I’ll communicate with someone - either via my phone or a random person I meet
- So I’m never on my own for that long
So all of the above were great I enjoyed them all
Once I did go to a restaurant though. With no technology. On my own. And ate in silence. This is how I felt:
That was weird.
transcribed from date with just yourself? is it weird?