How can I get my resume short listed for Facebook, Amazon, Palantir, etc.?
Ok so I’ll just list things to change:
- Why this modelling picture of you sitting down? Not professional
- Layout is like a tabloid with columns
- People don’t read like that - they scroll up and down
- Your profile doesn’t say anything really. It’s cookie cutter
- ‘I’m experienced, want to do high quality work…’
- Technical skills I like this but need a benchmark
- What have you built with these languages?
- Hobbies - don’t mention programming stuff - we already know that
- ‘Books’ - give some examples to show this
- ‘References on request’ should be ‘upon’ - also waste of space - this is obvious
- So many ‘go . gl’ links I don’t like being ‘monitored’ - you want to see if I open your links.
- Now I’m not going to open them - furthermore I can’t be BOTHERED to open multiple links - tell me the top line info IN THE RESUME
- Experiences - what was the IMPACT of your experiences
- Not data for this
- Dates are dark I get it but it’s annoying to try and read
I hope this helps
transcribed from getting resume short listed