How can I improve my Graduate school application to a top 10 Engineering school?
Well your grades and school you’ll be finishing from are decent to begin with - not PERFECT as you outline, but decent.
Here’s how to improve it further (in order of importance):
- Finish stronger than you started - if you can push up any of those grades than so be it - make it happen
- Research publications (time permitting) would help - alongside anything you could get published is a big boost (the more recognised journals the better)
- Internships - the most prestigious/grad school related the better
- Letters of Recommendation - make them strong
- Write an excellent statement of purpose
- Extra curricular pursuits that you excel in won’t harm you
Try all these on for size
transcribed from improving grad school application