Let’s start off with the adage that ‘if the way you’re working isn’t working for you’ - then start trying new things.
- Create slightly unrealistic deadlines by recognising how this rule can help you: Parkinson’s law
- ‘Gamify’ the boring tasks - by giving yourself rewards if you complete them
- Go public - tell others what you’re working on and when you will get it done so you create public commitments
- Negatively incentivise yourself - tell a friend/colleague ‘if I don’t do this by X than I have to pay/do Y’ (I use this. HUGE productivity booster for me)
- Google ‘how to do stuff you find boring’ - see what Google Search offers you
Hopefully one of these will help!
transcribed from how do I develop persistence, tenacity and consistency ?