How do I get to interview for a Goldman Sachs Quant position?
Here are some overall points to consider when applying:
Your resume :
- Data driven achievements are king. QUANTIFY everything you have achieved that relates to marketing
- Highlight your marketing prowess
- Don’t ramble. Make every word count
- Focus upon an achievements/experience/skills resume in that order of importance!
Your cover letter :
- Why the position and why Goldman (show you’ve done your research!)
- Why are you perfect for this specific position
- Why are you awesome generally
Now for the interview :
- Be charming (read how to win friends and influence people)
- Be honest (don’t fudge your numbers)
- Look good (dress, manner, appearance all that stuff)
- Understand IN DEPTH the role you’re applying to and why it’s important overall to Goldman
If you still feel worried:
- Practice your interview/application skills on a different company. Apply later
- If you don’t have enough banking experience experience - go get some at another company/internship
- Speak to a GS guy
If you’re STILL worried:
- Don’t apply
I hope this helps!
transcribed from goldman sachs quant