I am a CS student whose entrepreneurial aspirations are uncontrollable. Should I start my start up or focus on learning from internships instead?

I am a CS student whose entrepreneurial aspirations are uncontrollable. Should I start my start up or focus on learning from internships instead?

Those who succeed in unpredictable ways in life are those who dare to dream .

I remember being 23 years old and quitting my first Corporate Job with a $50k debt 3 months into the job, in pursuit of wanting to follow MY DREAM at the time of becoming a rapper!

Funny, right?

Success can come in many ways, shapes and forms - but one thing that remains consistent amongst all of those who have had lasting success - is that they had a PASSION ; and they dared to dream.

You write that your ’ entrepreneurial aspirations are uncontrollable’.

Your career, in this game of life that we forever juggle is a rubber ball. Make no mistake that if you pass up internships or work - it will still be there waiting for you when you return. Work, internships and working for someone else will always be there for you.

The heights to which you can soar in employment or self employment or still unknowns. You have opportunity to try things, that I, as a careers coach see my clients wishing they had done sooner everyday.

‘Tickle that itch’. ‘Live their dream’.

When they’re sitting in a heavily mortgaged house with 2 kids and ostensibly a great job. But regret wrinkles their face. Because they didn’t try.

I advocate pursuing your aspirations because a career, and careers coaches like me.

Well, we’ll always be waiting to help you navigate the sea of employment.

But if you want to succeed beyond your wildest dreams - you have to go out and swim with the sharks.

transcribed from CS student whose entrepreneurial aspirations are uncontrollable.