I did my bachelor's in civil (with no work experience). Now I wish for a career shift into product design. Will a master's in design be the right choice?

I did my bachelor’s in civil (with no work experience). Now I wish for a career shift into product design. Will a master’s in design be the right choice?

Without knowing the intricacies of the job market where you live as well as the university at which you use you wish to study a Masters at it’s very difficult to answer this question.

What I would say is before deciding to pursue any kind of masters and design, the best choice would be to actually attempt to pursue some work experience or actual paid opportunities within the area of design.

Ultimately, the plan is to pursue a career in product design, rather than obtain an actual masters! With this in mind what I would recommend, is to go out and actually find work is relevant to your area, which would take you around 2 to 4 weeks (if you’re productive with your time).

Once you have established this, you will be in a much better position to understand whether you should pursue any said. masters degree.

Apologies for any issues with grammar, spelling or punctuation. I am using DragonDictate

transcribed from I wish for a career shift into product design