Is putting my own logo design a good idea on an architecture resume?
I’d say it depends.
- If it’s the only design you’re putting on your resume I’d go against it.
- If it’s in the context of multiple other designs then possibly - but still I’d say unlikely.
- If it’s the ONLY design you have done - than yes (but I assume this isn’t the case as you probably would not be applying for such a role if you only have ever designed one logo!)
- Private work that you have done for CLIENTS reflects that others have deemed you good enough to hire you, and design for them - much more impressive - ‘social proof’ if you will
- Alongside other designs - not really needed since you have shown that you have handled multiple client projects
So overall…my answer is no.
I hope that helps!
transcribed from logo on an architecture resume