Resumes and CVs: What are some examples of great personal summaries?

Resumes and CVs: What are some examples of great personal summaries?

Don’t regurgitate what’s ALREADY in your resume. Doesn’t help anybody!

Some key things to consider:

• Why The Company (Short couple lines - non obvious)
  • Why The Position (Same as above - relate it to experience you’ve had)
  • Why You’re Perfect for Position and Company (Couple lines saying why you’re the perfect fit

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH people spend enough time on part 1 and 2 of what I’ve mentioned above and it can make a huge difference!

So to give you an example if I was to…apply to Quora…let’s see: (I’m doing this with no research)

Marketing at Quora

Having been alerted to your Q&A site as I was told ‘the former Facebook guys’ set it up in 2009; I love the quality of answers you can get on the site. I’ve been a member since 2013 and have been an avid reader since then.

Marketing at Quora will allow me to engage with thought leaders, your community, and to lend my experiences to the hopeful benefit of your audience.

Having already garnered closed to 300k views in the last month on the basis of my answers alone I believe that I stand well positioned to make an impact at Quora.

So the answer above DOES need more research about the company, could be more precise. But broadly it covers off the top three points and gives the company a reason to read my resume.

transcribed from what are some examples of great personal summaries?