Should I work for a growing startup or Netflix for a 60% increase in salary?

Should I work for a growing startup or Netflix for a 60% increase in salary?

Both are great; there is no right answer but consider a few things:

• SOUNDS like you want to run your own startup one day. So which one gives you the best experience of that in line with your longer term goals?
  • SOUNDS like Netflix will make your life easier financially. If you wished you could then start something on the side (if you’re hungry enough to do so) to try and quench both desires?
  • Is such a job unobtainable one year down the line based upon your resume + network?
  • Do you have a track record of being able to walk away from comfort (good job, reputation and salary) to go and start something most likely to fail?
  • The older you get, the more difficult instability is, so better to risk now, take security later?

If you value startup experience…you’ll get that at the growing startup. If a more stable job and salary increase will be really meaningful to you then do that.

But don’t worry. In this instance closing one door doesn’t mean it won’t reopen again. There are other jobs and other startups.

If it was me personally?

I’d take the Netflix job and if it wasn’t what I want I’d pack it in and go find another growing startup :slight_smile:

transcribed from startup or netflix