Startup Recruiting: What are some unique tests that companies use to evaluate possible employees?

Startup Recruiting: What are some unique tests that companies use to evaluate possible employees?

Don’t know if this qualifies:

When I was running a previous startup I had 3 gauntlets candidates I needed non-technical people pass from home or in office within 36 hours to assess their ability:

Easy

• Change some of their social url’s to say there were an intern at X
  • Set up whatever social media url’s they had missing (e.g. Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram etc)
  • Connect them so one place of promotion could then push to all others (was looking for Buffer/IFTTT)

Medium

• Put together a <500 word ‘thought piece’ upon our industry. Not looking for 'perfect grammar, sentences etc but just original/independent/interesting thought
  • A plan explaining how they could add most value to the company using data to back it up (I will write X articles about Y, I will grow X by 200% etc)

Hard

• Start a Twitter account and take it to 100 followers (genuine without having MORE people follow) in our target segment
  • If not this - the same for ANY social media channel
  • If not this - than surprise me with something relevant and impressive

They had to do this at home or in the office, alone and without support.

It’s not scientific, it’s not following any kind of personality test it’s my test. People that passed all three went on to do very well. They were amongst the smartest, brightest bunch of people I worked with.

transcribed from what are some unique tests that companies use to evaluate possible employees?