What are a few questions that an employee should ask a CEO/COO of a large corporation if you get such an opportunity? What are some questions that I should ask to gain perspective on how that person rose up the corporate ladder?

What are a few questions that an employee should ask a CEO/COO of a large corporation if you get such an opportunity? What are some questions that I should ask to gain perspective on how that person rose up the corporate ladder?

I think asking about skills relating to technical proficiency are not useful in this situation.

This is something that can be googled. It’s akin to asking Arnold Schwarzenegger which weight training equipment helped him become 5-time Mr Olympia. Sure you’ll get an answer but what a waste of a question!

Ask them what they consider to be their secret to success. Or if they could distill the key ingredients to their success what those ingredients would be.

I hope this helps!

N.B. Make sure it is an open question that allows the person to answer it in his/her own fashion. And adapt on demand to how they respond - if they are happy to discuss let them do so - if their answers are succinct then ask them more questions. If they don’t seem to like your question change tact and so on and so forth.

transcribed from questions for ceo