What are mistakes in your life that you wouldn’t want others ever making?
I have run 18 marathons and never done a sub 3 hour marathon
- I got lazy 10 marathons in. It took a seasoned runner to tell me I’d basically spent 4 years coasting
I ended up with a 63.5% for my university GPA when I should have easily come out with a 73.5% GPA
- I didn’t care for the first 18 months of my degree course and assumed I’d get by on my brains. It didn’t work
Doing a TedX talk after around 4 beers without planning it
- That was not a good idea. I should have done so much better
Having anger management problems for several years and assuming telling myself ‘you’ll do better next time deeps’ was a strategy for success
- After I lost two ‘loves of my life’ I realised it needed to change
With all of the startup attempts I’ve been involved in
- I walked away at a given point and some friends just accused me of getting lazy
You see. Look at my profile
I’m prolific but I’m not world-class in any one thing.
Lazy is relative. And in my own view I’ve been lazy. It hurts to see myself under-perform
Please don’t make that mistake. Give everything to what which you do in life. Your everything.
transcribed from mistakes in my life that i wouldn’t want others to make