What are some of the best cities in the world to live in for people in their 20s? Why?
I’ve lived in:
- Malta - St Julian’s Bay
- Holland/Netherlands - Amsterdam
- England - Coventry
- England - London
- Spain - Malaga
- Italy - Turin
- Switzerland - Lausanne
- Brazil - Rio
- Portugal - Lisbon
AMSTERDAM Hands Down.
- Amsterdam epitomizes what Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defines as “too extraordinary and improbable to be believed.”
- A medieval fishing village that became the richest city in the world by the 17th century
- Amsterdam’s 750k inhabitants represent a staggering 177 different nationalities
- This number makes the Dutch capital the most international city in the world (based on nationalities represented)
- Very liberal approach to things like prostitution and soft drugs, both of which are legal. (I don’t do either)
- 51 museums, 55 theatres & music venues 140+ commercial art galleries
Everyone cycles . Bikes have right of way
- This makes people real healthy
- Locals speak at least TWO languages REALLY well
- Amsterdam is sometimes called " The Venice of the North ". It has more canals
- Amsterdam is 2nd “best city” in the world , according to The Economist’s annual Liveability Ranking
- Dutch People : Vincent Van Gogh. Anne Frank. Johann Cruyff, Rembrandt, Mati Hari, Badr Hari
- There are two universities in Amsterdam: UvA, and the VU which hold positions among the top 100 European Universities in the recent Shanghai world rankings
- People are tall. Women are hot. The men are good looking.
I’ll be settling there at some point.
transcribed from best cities to live in in your 20s