What are some of the most important things that we should be informed about in life? Whether it be their government, or types of awareness in any particular subject, anything would be great to hear.
What are some of the most important things that we should be informed about in life? Whether it be their government, or types of awareness in any particular subject, anything would be great to hear
- The days are long but the years are short . Use your time to better yourself
- ’ Fitting in’ is less important than being happy . Care less about conforming, care more about doing what you love
- Your years at school will be amongst the happiest of your life . Treasure them
- Book can teach you as much about the world as any one person can. Read every day
- Be nice; even when it’s hard to . It’ll be one of the most important skills you’ll ever develop
- Listen more, talk less . You don’t learn when you talk
- Smile, and have a blast with the people that you love before life takes over
- Find friends that are much older than yourself; their experience will become your wisdom
- Fall in love fast . it’ll teach you much about how to love through all the mistakes you will make
- Call your parents more often . You will never appreciate how much they love you
- Be prolific . You are more capable than you will ever know
- Exercise everyday . It’ll add a good 10 years to your life
- Pick ONE thing and commit to it for 15 minutes a day . You’ll be amazed by what you can achieve within a year.
- Learn a language . It’ll always help you
- Cooking is a skill that is life lasting. Learn to cook
- In 10 years from now no one will care what you studied , where you studied and how you used your time. So use it doing it what you love
There isn’t ‘the one’. It’s horrible to realise at first. Then you realise it’s ok
- I believed that the first two times I fell in love. Now I see there are ‘one’s’
People in love still cheat on each other.
- I thought I’d walk away for that reason when it happened to me. Turns out I couldn’t. I was still in love
You can’t force friendships nor can you force love.
- It can happen one way certainly. Someone can love you or you can love them. But for it to happen for both of you, and for it to last. It’s pretty special
Most of the time no one knows what the hell they’re doing
- But then they write these fancy blog articles or Quora posts (‘ahem’) pretending that they knew what they were doing throughout
The TV shows you get told you watch too much as a kid are replaced by the TV shows you watch too much as an adult
- I particularly love Grimm and House M.D. I watch re-runs
You indeed will, by and large put on weight and basically become the fat boy you used to laugh at
- Try your best to stave that off as much as you can
Blood is indeed thicker than water
- Time will pass, people will come and go in your life. Even one’s you thought would be around forever. Family will remain
At one point you will most likely get depressed
- The desire to just stay in bed. To lose yourself in movies. Eat chocolates and sweeties and feel lifeless. Yup that’s depression
Sex gets better as you get older
- You learn what those funny bits on your partner are and how they work
You’ll drop dead one day
- You kind of start thinking about it a little more
Time will fly and alot of the time you won’t even be having fun
- You’ll just be busy ‘getting by’ or carrying routines out
Some people change. Most don’t
- The loud mouth kid in school will still be the loud mouth kid as an adult. The geek will still be geeky. Just with more money. Etc
Nothing turns out as expected
- And that’s ok. Plans change
Happiness is not given. It’s earned
- You need to work for this
Purpose is not Hollywood, Fame and Money
- It’s quiet, filled with people, purpose and meaning
You’ll still cry
- Mostly alone
Life isn’t fair.
- Countless people complain about time, income, circumstances, misfortune. But look around you. Someone/some people will always have it far worse
This isn’t an excuse to give up/stop trying.
- I see this happen so often. People consider themselves victims of circumstances or misfortune and believe then it’s ok to stop trying
Most of us are deluded. And that’s ok.
- Show me a man without his own delusions or problems, and I’ll show you someone you simply don’t know well enough
Success is MUCH MUCH harder than you think.
- The internet, media, social media fools us alot as to how easy it is to reach some kind of unquestionable success. Almost everyone who tries doesn’t make it
Age catches upon all of us
- I’ve done 18 marathons. 3 ultramarathons and things people told me were impossible. I felt invincible. I see and FEEL my body beginning to weaken. That sucks
Everyone (including yourself) will settle for what they can get
- We all want the world. We all pretty much end up with an acorn field. Learn to love the acorn field. It is of your own making
We will have regret
- You have made mistakes. You will make more mistakes. And it’s not true that we all lie awake at night 100% happy with our decisions. We simply learn to carry and subdue our deep hurt about things we should have done instead.
transcribed from life information