What are the 5-10 most important things you need to know going into a job interview?
- Don’t worry about whether you WANT to work for the company until you get the job
- No point considering strategy, people and all other details without a job offer. That’s just wasted mental resources
- People confuse this with talking alot, being funny, flirting or something of the ilk. No. It’s about you having an aura of likability and attractiveness that makes them want to spend time around you
Be passionate in your communication
- Believe in what you’re saying in a way that’s unmistakable to your audience. Everyone wants to hire passionate people
Know the company. Know thyself
- A more obvious one. Know their history, key members, their wikipedia page. Your own ‘wikipedia’ history as well as all behavioural answers and technical things
Look good, smell subtle, hide nervousness
- Dress well. Shine your shoes (not too much). Soft scented cologne if you lean in close for a handshake or scoot past him/her. Don’t shake your leg, drum your fingers or fidget in your seat
- Understood the world over. A key survival instinct and mechanism in children. Use it.
transcribed from most important things going into a job interview