What can I learn/know right now in 10 minutes that will be useful for the rest of my life?

What can I learn/know right now in 10 minutes that will be useful for the rest of my life?

Try and experience an inordinate amount of PAIN for 10 minutes .

What do I mean?

• Interval sprints for 10 minutes : 1 minute sprint. 30 second jog. By 5 minutes you’ll be wheezing. By 7 you will be screaming. By 10 you may be vomiting.
  • Get a tattoo in a particularly painful place : Your elbow, your spine, your feet, your rib cage, back of your knees. You will have not thought that such a burning pain was possible and will wish for it to be over.
  • Do push ups till failure : Keep doing push ups - but have someone standing over you, screaming at you to continue. Go until your body shakes, start dribbling at the mouth. You will go red, you will shake. Maybe you’ll start screaming. If you do it right you will.
  • Go and talk to a stranger a minute with the intent to cause horrendous embarrassment to yourself . That’s 10 people. Lines such as ‘I have a rash near my arm, can you help me?’. ‘What is your thoughts on incest?’ ‘Do you think I should hit my girlfriend’ It will feel vile, horrendous. You will die inside.

Cool.

Done that?

What was the purpose?

Well:

Now write a list of all those things you have ALWAYS wanted to do but have always been too chicken to do.

Things that REALLY MATTER to you.

They should be a piece of cake if you did what I asked. It can’t be worse than any of the above right?

I’m laughing because the funny thing is that NO ONE would be prepared to do anything that I just asked.

I hope you, reader, can prove me wrong.

transcribed from a brief life lesson