I aspire to own and start my own business. What does it really take though?
A large dose of stupidity
- You will statistically without a doubt fail.
- I did around 3/4 times
- You will land yourself in debt - personal or credit card debt
- I got to about $15k in debt w/no biz
- You will have tons of self doubt, insecurity
- Not cool being 26 and living at home with no income
- You’ll end up back at your mum’s a couple times (I’ve done that 3x)
- Hey mum I’m back…
- Women will fear you as a brilliant person who has NONE of the markers of stability
- Yup I’ve got told this a couple of times
I once had to give an investor $15k USD because I stupidly agreed to give him a 100% return regardless of the success of the business.
However, there’s an upside.
Get past all of those things.
Nothing will stop you
And honestly, I have it easy.
transcribed from what it takes to be an entrepreneur