What is one thing you wish you had known before starting college?

What is one thing you wish you had known before starting college?

Here are some things I wish I’d known when I was 18 (I’m 29 now)

• The days are long but the years are short . Use your time to better yourself
  • Fitting in’ is less important than being happy . Care less about conforming, care more about doing what you love
  • Your years at school will be amongst the happiest of your life . Treasure them
  • Book can teach you as much about the world as any one person can. Read every day
  • Be nice; even when it’s hard to . It’ll be one of the most important skills you’ll ever develop
  • Listen more, talk less . You don’t learn when you talk
  • Smile, and have a blast with the people that you love before life takes over
  • Find friends that are much older than yourself; their experience will become your wisdom
  • Fall in love fast . it’ll teach you much about how to love through all the mistakes you will make
  • Call your parents more often . You will never appreciate how much they love you
  • Be prolific . You are more capable than you will ever know
  • Exercise everyday . It’ll add a good 10 years to your life
  • Pick ONE thing and commit to it for 15 minutes a day . You’ll be amazed by what you can achieve within a year.
  • Learn a language . It’ll always help you
  • Cooking is a skill that is life lasting. Learn to cook
  • In 10 years from now no one will care what you studied , where you studied and how you used your time. So use it doing it what you love

transcribed from one thing you wish you knew before college