What is the best advice for a data scientist/analytics professional to earn a higher salary?
This is taken from my answer: Deepak Shukla’s answer to Should I negotiate my Google offer?
Worst case scenario:
- You’re met with a rebuttal and you keep with the same original offer
- They aren’t impressed with you negotiating but this is soon forgotten as you start work and impress your peers
Best case scenario:
- You negotiate RSU’s
- Base compensation
How do you do it? (in the favourable order)
- Present a competing offer (from a comparable company Twitter/Facebook/Apple etc)
- Present a competing offer (of any kind)
- Present your current company offer
- Demonstrate your value in a quantifiable way that should impact your compensation
- Demonstrate your relative market value (Glassdoor/Payscale etc)
- Just ask and see what they say
Things to consider
- The more data driven with data points the better
- The more confident and self assured you are the better
- The less demanding you sound the better
I hope this helps!
transcribed from data analytic advice