What is wrong with this resume? How can I increase my chances of getting an “awesome” internship? What skills am I lacking? What should I emphasize more?
What is the best software to tell me what is wrong with this resume? How can I increase my chances of getting an "awesome" internship? What skills am I lacking? What should I emphasize more to make a resume that "stands out"?
I have to say that I disagree with it being a great resume overall. I think it’s decent. But you can do better So, let’s go for it:
What I like:
- The format it’s generally clean. Short sentences. Consistent use of fonts.
- You’ve highlighted your job roles - they’re emboldened, I naturally look towards them
- You’ve focussed upon achievements re: your experience emboldened again
What I would change:
- A 1 page resume. It’s 2+ pages. That puts me off. I’m lazy. Most people are
- Why all the pictures? That distracts me - your resume is VALUABLE real estate. Kill the pictures
- Skills? Leave that at the bottom if you must or don’t put it in. Saying you can develop in a specific language without having achieved something w/it is akin to me saying ‘I can paraglide REALLY WELL’ - with no evidence of it
- You’ve used blotches instead of bullet points to highlight what you consider to be your most impressive achievements…why not bullet points?
- Remember the above the fold rule - just as w/websites. If you have standout achievements put them up HIGH. You might lose me before I scroll
- Trekker and peak climber bullet point could be combined with the bullet points that detail your accomplishments within those fields
I hope this helps