What is the best software to tell me what is wrong with this resume? How can I increase my chances of getting an "awesome" internship? What skills am I lacking? What should I emphasize more to make a resume that "stands out"?

What is wrong with this resume? How can I increase my chances of getting an “awesome” internship? What skills am I lacking? What should I emphasize more?

dude.

I have to say that I disagree with it being a great resume overall. I think it’s decent. But you can do better :slight_smile: So, let’s go for it:

What I like:

• The format it’s generally clean. Short sentences. Consistent use of fonts.
  • You’ve highlighted your job roles - they’re emboldened, I naturally look towards them
  • You’ve focussed upon achievements re: your experience emboldened again

What I would change:

• A 1 page resume. It’s 2+ pages. That puts me off. I’m lazy. Most people are
  • Why all the pictures? That distracts me - your resume is VALUABLE real estate. Kill the pictures
  • Skills? Leave that at the bottom if you must or don’t put it in. Saying you can develop in a specific language without having achieved something w/it is akin to me saying ‘I can paraglide REALLY WELL’ - with no evidence of it
  • You’ve used blotches instead of bullet points to highlight what you consider to be your most impressive achievements…why not bullet points?
  • Remember the above the fold rule - just as w/websites. If you have standout achievements put them up HIGH. You might lose me before I scroll
  • Trekker and peak climber bullet point could be combined with the bullet points that detail your accomplishments within those fields

I hope this helps :slight_smile: