What is the hardest thing you ever had to go through?
That no-one cares.
I spent a long time through my teens thinking about other people’s perceptions of me. That it mattered:
- The results I scored in a test
- The way I dressed in school
- How I cut my hair
- My long-term ambitions
- That I should speak to people in a certain way
- That I’m always ‘networking’
- I should conform to a ‘socially accepted’ version of my life
What I’ve come to realise over decades is that most (with the exception of <5 people in your life) spare no more than 2 minutes thinking about you on a daily basis.
So speak your ambition. Do things that scare you and worry less about conforming. Because you are but a drop in the ocean. And that’s a wonderful thing.
Live your dreams
Follow me on Quora for more
transcribed from hardest thing you ever had to go through