What is the most difficult thing to learn and accept about life?
In my 30 years here is what I have discovered:
Life isn’t fair.
- Countless people complain about time, income, circumstances, misfortune. But look around you. Someone/some people will always have it far worse
This isn’t an excuse to give up/stop trying.
- I see this happen so often. People consider themselves victims of circumstances or misfortune and believe then it’s ok to stop trying
Most of us are deluded. And that’s ok.
- Show me a man without his own delusions or problems, and I’ll show you someone you simply don’t know well enough
Success is MUCH MUCH harder than you think.
- The internet, media, social media fools us alot as to how easy it is to reach some kind of unquestionable success. Almost everyone who tries doesn’t make it
You will cry. And you won’t stop until you die
- There will always be things that cause you unfettered emotional pain. As much as you try and avoid it. It is part of the human condition and unavoidable
Age catches upon all of us
- I’ve done 18 marathons. 3 ultramarathons and things people told me were impossible. I felt invincible. I see and FEEL my body beginning to weaken. That sucks
Everyone (including yourself) will settle for what they can get
- We all want the world. We all pretty much end up with an acorn field. Learn to love the acorn field. It is of your own making
We will have regret
- You have made mistakes. You will make more mistakes. And it’s not true that we all lie awake at night 100% happy with our decisions. We simply learn to carry and subdue our deep hurt about things we should have done instead.
transcribed from learning and accepting about life