What should I absolutely not do when visiting your country?
London (because it’s almost like another country compared to the rest of the UK)
Talk on the train/tube
- Unless you like being stared at
Ask a question without saying ‘sorry to bother you’ or the word ‘sorry’ or ‘please’ at least 3 times
- We Brits are overly polite
Take packed lunch to work
- Go to Pret, Itsu, Costa. Anything. Just don’t bring tupperware
Fart on the train
- Everyone knows it’s you
Expect people to genuinely listen when you’re speaking
- We’re all far too busy to more than half pay attention
Think about what you want to order when at the counter
- People behind you will get annoyed very quickly
Tell people you do something 'creative’
- London is the financial capital of the world. People associate ‘creative’ with unemployed
- We don’t like to deliberate much here
Say what you mean
- We’re far too polite. We’d rather smile say ‘that was interesting’ rather than call you a blithering idiot (which is what we’re thinking).
This probably sums it up better than I ever could:
transcribed from what should i not do when visiting your country?