I’m starting as a software engineer at Google at 22. What steps should I make now to maximize my career ambitions?
Well done dude awesome achievement!
Next question. Why the rush?
As you look back through the sands of time as you get older, you’ll realise that it won’t matter so much to the outside world how quickly you achieved some things.
What is clear, is what you would have had to sacrifice to get where you are today.
- Have you learnt another language?
- Did you travel and see the world?
- Did you fall in love with a woman/man from an exotic country?
- What about a competitive sport?
- What about an inner journey?
- Have you considered [insert whatever you please here]
If it’s strictly a career-centric answer you’re looking for - than work on maximising your:
- People Skills
- Soft Skills
- Networking skills
- Read some books on the first three
- Try implement what you read
- Give it 6 months see what you can progress to within and without Google
But honestly. Life is broad, wide and varied. You’ve placed yourself in but one stream.
Pick the answer which suits
transcribed from maximize career ambitions