What’s the best way to handle salary negotiations with multiple job offers?
Take the most risks with the company you value the least.
But follow the basic same principles:
- Wait for them to state their offer
- Demonstrate value rather than anything else
- Quantify your value
- Cite evidence
- Be LIKEABLE
- Let THEM LEAD - he who talks most is usually ‘losing’
- When stating counter offers be SINCERE
- Don’t make them feel played
- A lot of this will be played ‘on your feet’
- i.e. judging reactions
- Don’t lose sight of the goal - a couple thousand $ here or there DOESN’T supersede career growth and job satisfaction
transcribed from best way to handle salary negotiations