When looking for a job, is it okay to apply for jobs where you don’t have about 30%-40% of the requirements?
When looking for a job, is it okay to apply for jobs where you don't have about 30%-40% of the requirements?
In a word - yes - it’s ok to apply for them but consider:
- It WILL be harder for you to get the job
- You WILL need something extenuating assets that counter-balance this failure to meet the minimum requirements
If you’r comfortable with the first, and capable of demonstrating the second. Then of course apply!
If not - don’t devote too much time to the application and look alternatives which range from:
- Getting into the firm in a different position then working from the inside
- Applying later when you meet minimum requirements
- Building some other assets
- Don’t both applying
I hope this helps!
transcribed from applying for jobs