Where did you meet your best friend? What was your relationship then, and how is it as of now?
Through a Gumtree (like Craiglist) advert I placed for anyone looking for help with careers and/or personal statements.
[For my life in slides head here]
He called me and I trundled along to meet him in Costa Coffee, Earl’s court to assist him with the writing of his personal statement. I think he was surprised to see me turn up on an October morning wearing flip flops, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt - the first time we met.
(My mother has always said I have my quirks :P)
Luc, a Swiss guy that had lived partly in Lausanne and partly in London as well as many other countries throughout his 31 years (at the time I met him) was the man that was to greet me.
Some weeks later we decided to watch ‘Thor’ after some intense weeks working on multiple applications for Masters Programmes across the UK. The first email; mid-way through the movie was of a rejection to Manchester. My heart (and his sank). We had hopes of getting him into Oxford and to be met with rejection from Manchester was a big blow.
All that money and time wasted
Fortunately. We reapplied for a position Manchester thought was ‘more suitable’ for Luc. Acceptances at Bath, Warwick and Imperial followed. Warwick were to offer Luc a £15,000 scholarship.
So now I’m about to photo-bomb you. If it’s not for you - skip the rest. But the question asks about how are we now:
- The last world cup final - we were in Buenos Aires
- In Santiago, Chile with some friends
- Dinner in Buenos Aires with a friend
- Us getting the same tattoo. One brown leg, one white leg
- Us drinking in Montevideo, Uruguay
- Dinner in a restaurant in Lisbon, Portugal
- Lunch in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Our Muay Thai gear again, Switzerland
- Roadtripping to Turin, Italy
- Attending a wedding of a mate
- The wedding on the lake in Switzerland
- Selfie somewhere in France
- The kind of selfies we send via Whatsapp
- Last night on the London Underground
- Nights out in London x 2
For my advice upon life head here.
transcribed from meeting my best friend and how is our relationship