Who should I put for reference if my professional career was abroad and the people I worked with doesn't understand English?

Who should I put for reference if my professional career was abroad and the people I worked with doesn’t understand English?

I would agree with Nilan-jan Bhattacharya that in most cases references are checked after the interview.

If for some reason you need to provide them before then yes I would use your colleagues to understand English as long as they worked closely by you and were able to perhaps get information from your manager.

As for your part-time work experience in the US, it really depends upon how long ago how relevant the work experience at you had in the US during your college years was.

Broadly speaking, I would say that just wait until you asked for references explaining the situation and then take the advice of your potential new employer.

Beyond this if you were forced I would go with the colleagues who do understand English that were able to speak to your managers and provide the necessary information.

transcribed from who i should i put for reference if the people i worked with doesn’t understand English?