Wisdom: For people over 90: In less than 10 words, what is your advice to the rest of us?
My grandfather is at least 90 years old:
- He lived in Pakistan before it was ‘Pakistan’ and was a part of India.
- He has seen both World Wars (he has no birth certificate so no one knows how old he really is).
- Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Mandela: he has lived through the ages of these men.
- He brought his family from a poor village in India to London where they have turned into doctors, bankers, lawyers, entrepreneurs and Quorans
- He had an arranged marriage as a 12 year old.
I asked him once - if you never saw me again what is the one thing I should know?
He paused and looked at me.
’Time flies. Do what you love. With people you love."
For more of my thoughts upon life. Head here.
transcribed from wisdom advise